OxyContin is a powerful drug derived from opioids that is used to treat pain. Most often prescribed by doctors after surgery or to relieve chronic pain, OxContin often creates a feeling of euphoria that can quickly lead to addiction and chemical dependency. Addiction to OxyContin is dangerous and requires professional, long-term help to successfully overcome. Soul Surgery’s Oxycontin Rehab Center recognizes the abuse of OxyContin as a serious and life-threatening disorder and offers several drug and alcohol treatment options in Arizona to ensure life-long sobriety.
An estimated 1.7million Americans suffer from addiction to prescription opioids. Learning the truth about OxyContin and other opioids can help you begin to understand why addiction to OxyContin is on the rise in the United States and what you can do if you or a loved one is suffering from an addiction to this powerful drug.
- Opioids work by binding to neurons in our brains and causing the release of a chemical called dopamine. The influx of dopamine provides relief from pain as well as a feeling of euphoric happiness.
- According to the Center on Addiction, OxyContin gives such a euphoric feeling that when the medication wears off, you’re often left feeling even worse than before— still in pain and now lacking any feelings of happiness or euphoria. This euphoric feeling is the first part of why so many Americans become addicted to the drug— even when they are taking it exactly as prescribed by their doctors.
- OxyContin alters your brain chemistry. Taking the medication, even for a short period of time, can change your brain’s reaction to dopamine and other chemicals, and cause you to build a tolerance to the drug, which requires a higher dose to achieve the same pain-relieving effects. In time, this can cause you to become dependent upon OxyContin and can lead to serious and even deadly side effects and symptoms of withdrawal. The withdrawal can be so powerful that you begin to seek out the drug even after your doctor has stopped prescribing it, thus leading to addiction.
Who is at Risk of Becoming Addicted to OxyContin?
The brain-altering properties of OxyContin can cause any person to become dependent upon the medication. Patients with a family history of addiction are at a higher risk of addiction, as well as those who suffer from any type of trauma, depression, or other mental health disorders. Regardless of your background, treatment options are available to help you overcome your addiction.
How Can Soul Surgery’s OxyContin Rehab Center Help?
From safe, medical detoxing to supportive sober living, we’re with you every step of the way. Since every addiction is different, the experienced staff at Soul Surgery in Scottsdale, Arizona will create a custom treatment plan to address the underlying cause of your addiction and help you create a new, fulfilling life without the need for opioids. Soul Surgery’s holistic approach to lifelong sobriety focuses on the mind, body, and spirit to allow total healing from the inside out.
- Detoxing Facilities: Safely cleanse your body of drugs in a safe, comfortable setting, with private rooms at Soul Surgery’s detox facility.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment: The use of medication-assisted treatment (or, MAT) is an effective method for getting and staying clean.
- Residential treatment: Our luxurious residential rehab facilities in Scottsdale, Arizona enable you to free yourself from the chains of addiction surrounded by breathtaking views in a luxurious home. You’ll learn how to take back control of your life without the distractions of work, school, or other obligations.
- Inpatient treatment – Complete your addiction recovery and learn how to stay clean through our extensive inpatient treatment program.
- Outpatient treatment- Soul Surgery’s outpatient program allows you to overcome substance abuse without having to leave your job or family.
- MedSpa Treatment- Receive a holistic treatment plan at our luxury MedSpa.
- Mental Health Treatment- improving your mental health is a vital part of sobriety. Soul Surgery will help you heal your mind and lead a happy, successful life.
Soul Surgery’s OxyContin Rehab Center will provide you with the tools you need to live a joyful life free from addiction. Getting clean can be scary, but we are here to support you from detox to sober living, and beyond. Contact us today to get started. We’re excited to be a part of your journey to sober living!