In spite of fluctuating public health statistics regarding the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on local resources, Soul Surgery has remained committed to our core mission to provide safe and comprehensive treatment to those individuals struggling with substance use disorders and/or mental health issues.
Soul Surgery continues to monitor all coronavirus developments, news and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), AZ Department of Public Health, Arizona Department of Health Services (AzDHS), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Joint Commission.
We also maintain an active dialog with federal, state, and local public health authorities for guidance when necessary and to stay up to date on the pandemic’s local impact.
We have revised our business operations to prioritize the safety and health of our employees and patients. Action steps taken over the past several months include:
- We actively encourage sick employees and patients to stay home. Employees who are well but have a sick family member are similarly advised to stay home.
- We conduct safe and respectful daily health checks including temperature monitoring with employees and patients before entering our facility.
- We have implemented and maintain the highest level of infection control and sanitization.
- We leverage social distancing and mandate the use of personal face masks at our facilities.
- We educate employees about steps they can take to protect themselves and their loved ones at home.
- Visitation has been suspended indefinitely to anyone who can not provide timely documentation of a negative COVID-19 antigen test.
- Patients may only attend 12-step meetings who are strictly adhering to CDC/WHO guidelines. Furthermore, these meetings must be held outdoors in order to be deemed eligible.
- Our E-therapy platform has been developed, tested and implemented for patients and individuals who meet criteria for virtual services. This platform has also been used successfully in keeping family members and other loved ones engaged in the treatment process.
- There is a strict limitation on the number of individuals within a single group or on site at the clinic at any given time to allow for effective social distancing.
- Our emergency preparedness policies have been updated to include our COVID-19 specific response.
- We maintain adequate supplies of all personal protective equipment and prescription medications to ensure continuity of care for all of those under our care.
We are proud that we have been able to stay open and provide essential treatment services to our patients and their families and we have every intention of continuing to assist those individuals who seek out our professional treatment services. Our staff and the full continuum of care they are entrusted with have proven themselves to be flexible, persevering and consistent in the face of uncharted territory.