Behavioral Health Technician
Behavioral Health Technicians will be working directly with patients. This interaction with the patient is either individually or in a group setting. Transporting to local 12 step meetings, must be able to drive a 15 passenger van. This position will require the knowledge of self-admiration medication procedures.
Full Time/Part Time
- Knowledge and skills in English usage, interpersonal relationships, basic behavior management.
- Basic knowledge of human behavior or general mental health concepts, independent living skills (personal grooming, basic nutrition, and general health needs).
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, must have or be able to obtain
- CPR/AED is Plus
- CPI is Plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Interact routinely with patients, observe behaviors, and communicate significant observations to nursing staff.
- Document information regarding patient care and behaviors as required in policy and procedures.
- Run errands related to patient care and unit needs.
- Utilize Crisis Prevention Intervention when exposed to volatile patients to maintain personal safety while ensuring safety for the patient and other individuals on the unit.
- Participate in maintenance of a clean, orderly and safe environment; report needs for repairs and maintenance to appropriate staff.
- Assist in admissions and discharges of patients as assigned to include entry of patient information in the medical records system.
- Obtain a patient’s vital signs, height, and weight as assigned and documented in the patient record.
- Work under the direction of the Facility Manager to ensure all shift duties are completed.
- Conduct and assist with selected activity groups as assigned and document according to policy and procedures.
- Attend and participate in the weekly BHT meetings. One meeting per month is mandatory in person; all others can be joined by video conference. Must be excused from mandatory in-services and meetings by the Director of Housing.
- Assist with assessments as assigned.
- Monitor and document nutritional intake.
- Participate in implementation of unit therapeutic programming. Assist in planning and leading therapeutic groups.
- Ability to demonstrate competent use of the medical records system.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with established IPS policy, procedures and standards of care.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Maintain current crisis prevention/intervention and American Red Cross/First Aid/ AED certification.