The RN is responsible for providing and coordinating nursing care for detox/crisis clients within a family driven, trauma informed framework. The RN reports to the Program Director.
- Nursing degree from an accredited professional nursing program.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Arizona without encumbrance.
- 2 years’ nursing in a behavioral health setting preferred.
- DHS requirements of 2 years freedom from chemical use problems and a signed attestation statement; clean DHS background study and sexual exploitation screening; fingerprint clearance.
- Computer literate; MS Office Suite, electronic health records software, reporting software.
- Non expired CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must present good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have knowledge of recovery and addiction
- Must have knowledge of psychiatric conditions
- Must have a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
Provide direct care of client:
- Perform assessments of the client’s health, risk of suicide, and chemical withdrawal
- symptoms; take vital signs, breathalyzer and urine drug screenings;
- Admit, transfer, discharge and coordinate the treatment plan of clients;
- Administer medications and treatments as ordered by the attending physician or his/her designee; administer and maintain accurate count of controlled substances.
- Document client’s medications, treatment and condition in charts; Audit charts for accuracy;
- Develop care plans and abuse prevention for clients;
- Report significant changes in client’s physical and mental condition to the Medical Director;
- Report possible suicidal or assaultive ideations, vulnerable adult and child maltreatment incidents to the Medical Director.
- Provide direct supervision of Behavioral Health Technicians (BHT) on duty; meet and confer with next nurse on shift to report pertinent client data (hand off);
- Answer an assess magnitude of severity of emergency crisis telephone calls;
- Process oral, written and telephone orders from the physician;
- Maintain effective working relationships and coordinate client care with outside referral sources;
- Maintain ethical and confidentiality standards (HIPAA).
Other duties as assigned:
- Participate in agency training and staff development functions.