Soul Surgery is proud to be the first drug and alcohol treatment center in Arizona to fully integrate the Zimhi™ Naloxone autoinjector into its treatment programs for patients with a primary opioid use disorder.
Soul Surgery is also among the top 5 behavioral health operators nationally to adopt Zimhi™.
Here are some facts about the opioid crisis and how Zimhi™ can be the game changer for opioid-related deaths:
- From April 2020 to April 2021, 100,306 deaths were due to drug overdoses. 76,062 deaths were due to opioid overdose.
- 85% of all opioid-related deaths from April 2020 to April 2021 were due to synthetic opioids.
- The number of seized counterfeit pills containing fentanyl during an 8-week period in 2021 was enough to kill more than 700,000 people potentially.
- Estimates show that 50% of opioid overdose reversals require more than one dose of naloxone.
- Overdoses due to fentanyl, carfentanil, and other synthetic opioids may benefit from higher initial doses of naloxone.
- Studies have demonstrated that Zimhi™ acts faster, is more potent, and lasts longer than 2 mg of intramuscular naloxone.
The average arrival of an emergency responder in cases of opioid overdose is 7 minutes, and by then, brain cells are already dying, and brain damage has already set in.
When mere minutes are a matter of life or death, a higher initial dose of naloxone – as found in the Zimhi™ autoinjector – could make all the difference in the world.
Soul Surgery plans to provide the Zimhi™ autoinjector to every patient with a primary opioid use disorder at the time of their discharge from the treatment program.
Please contact us today if you have any questions about our addiction recovery programs and treatments.